The Visa Ready Partner Program for mPOS is intended to help device manufacturers, software developers, merchants, and acquirers build and implement solutions that meet Visa’s requirements for a reliable, convenient, and secure mobile point of sale experience.
Approved solution configurations may include acceptance for chip, chip and PIN, payWave and magnetic stripe transactions.
- Delivers clear guidelines for development of mobile acceptance solutions within Visa’s requirements.
- Expedites acquirer and merchant adoption of Visa Ready acceptance solutions.
- Generates marketplace awareness of mobile POS acceptance.
Whether you’re a mobile point-of-sale hardware or software solution provider, this simple step-by-step process will help you get Visa ready.
Note: Participation in the Visa Ready program is voluntary.
- Solution Provider Reviews Visa Ready Partner Program for mPOS Requirements
Solution Provider submits solution to lab for evaluation
- The program focuses on device, application, and processing requirements for device manufacturers, software developers, merchants, and acquirers to participate in the Visa Ready Partner Program for mPOS.
- The program includes elements to ensure compliance with Visa requirements for card-present transactions, along with best practices for implementation.
- Beyond these requirements, device manufacturers, software developers, merchants, and acquirers must follow all Visa requirements for magnetic stripe, chip, and contactless payWave acceptance (where supported).
- Requirements apply in most countries. Specific countries, however, may have local laws or additional Visa requirements that must be followed. Deployed devices must adhere to all applicable global and local requirements.
- Select a participating Lab to evaluate your solution.
- Compile required materials and complete necessary documentation including:
Send solution package to Lab for evaluation.
- Source Code for payment application(s) on electronic card reader(s)
- Source Code for payment application(s) on mobile device(s)
- Mobile device with payment application(s)
- Electronic card reader device(s) with payment application
- PCI PTS approval
- EMV certification (Level I, Level II, Contactless Level I)
- PA-DSS validation for payment application on mobile device
- Supporting documentation and manuals describing the overall solution including the application(s), electronic card reader device(s), PIN entry device(s) and source code.
Lab Submits Successful Test Results to Visa
Solution Provider Signs Visa Ready Partner Program for mPOS Agreement
- Vendor will receive remediation reports for solutions not meeting requirements.
- Visa will provide the Visa Ready brand mark materials and guidelines once Visa receives the signed agreement. Visa will also send a copy of the executed contract.
Your solution is now Visa Ready, and you may display the Visa Ready mark on your marketing collateral or packaging! Visa will add the details of your approved offering to its directory of Visa Ready Mobile Acceptance solutions.
To receive access to the Visa Ready Program for mPOS documentation, complete and submit the online Registration Form. Following its review and approval, Visa will send subscriber logon information for the site.
In order to successfully implement Visa ready mPOS solutions with acquirers, Visa provides validation toolkits that can be used to test contact and contactless chip
Contact Toolkit: The Acquirer Device Validation Toolkit (ADVT) should be used by contact card reader suppliers and Visa acquirers (or agents) to ensure that Chip-
reading devices are Configured in accordance with Visa requirements and best practices prior to deployment and capable of successfully processing specific card personalization
attributes that have been known to result in acceptance issues.
Contactless Toolkit: The Contactless Device Evaluation Toolkit (CDET) should be used by contactless card reader suppliers and Visa acquirers (or agents) implementing
a contactless chip program to test devices prior to deployment to ensure Visa contactless cards perform as expected.
Solution Providers may license these toolkits by ordering online.
Please direct all inquiries related to the program to mobilePOS@visa.com
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Who are we approving for the Visa Ready Partner Program for mPOS?
- The Visa Ready Partner Program for mPOS will provide approval of device hardware and client application software used for processing payments on open mobile networks.
Solution Providers must submit specific hardware models and/or hardware/software combinations for testing by a participating lab. Approved hardware configurations may include
acceptance for chip, chip and pin, payWave, and magnetic stripe transactions. Visa Ready status can be applied to both mobile acceptance accessories and integrated mobile
- 2. What does Visa Ready for mPOS mean?
- The Solution Provider has completed the required PCI and EMV certifications relevant to a specific piece of hardware, software, or hardware/software combination, and they
have also met the relevant Visa requirements for mobile acceptance solutions.
- 3. What is not included in the Visa Ready Partner Program for mPOS?
- The Visa Ready Partner Program for mPOS does not grant end-to-end approval of mobile payment solutions and associated business constructs. Visa Ready does not provide any
country level approvals for regulatory considerations or country-specific Visa rules. In addition, Visa Ready is not a blanket approval for all solutions produced by a
specific solution providers. Acquirers remain obligated to assuring that implemented solutions conform to Visa’s Operating Regulations. Visa Ready is not integration testing.
Acquirer Device Validation Testing and Contactless Device Evaluation Toolkit testing must still be performed by the acquirer for individual solution deployments.
- 4. What value will Visa Ready for mPOS provide to merchants?
- Visa Ready for mPOS will provide merchants with a trusted brand mark that signifies the payment acceptance hardware and/or client software they are obtaining meets Visa’s
standards for secure payment acceptance.
- 5. What value will Visa Ready for mPOS provide to acquirers?
- The Visa Ready for mPOS program will aid acquirers in understanding which hardware and software solutions have met Visa’s requirements. In addition, the program provides
best practices that acquirers can use to implement best-in-class solutions.
- 6. What value will Visa Ready for mPOS provide to vendors?
- The Visa Ready for mPOS program documentation will help provide hardware and software device vendors with a clear understanding of Visa’s requirements for mobile payment
acceptance. It will provide these vendors with a clear understanding of what they must do in order for their devices or client applications to be labeled as “Visa Ready”. In
addition, it will provide a brand mark that solution providers can use to convey that their device or client application conforms to Visa’s applicable standards.
- 7. Who will conduct the required testing for Visa Ready for mPOS compliance testing?
- The program will rely on participating EMV and PCI labs to conduct testing. Associated testing costs and timing will be defined by the testing entities.
- 8. What happens once my solution is approved by Visa?
- Subsequent to successful lab testing of your solution and execution of the Visa Ready for mPOS agreement, Visa will add the details of your approved offering to its
directory of Visa Ready Mobile Acceptance solutions located at www.visa.com/visaready. In addition, Visa will provide access to the Visa Ready brand mark and other associated